Temporary Skill Shortage visa – What is it?
Temporary Skill Shortage visa (TSS) allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work for an approved business for two and four years under short or medium term streams. You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work. You can be in or outside Australia when you lodge your application.
Eligibility for Temporary Skill Shortage visa
- Be nominated for a skilled position by an approved sponsor
- Meet the necessary English language requirements
- Have the right skills to do the job
Short-Term – Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
Enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in skilled workers where employers can’t source an appropriately skilled Australian worker. Usually visa holder can stay and work up to 2 years under short-term.
- The occupation is on the short-term skilled occupations list
Medium-Term – Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
This visa enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in skilled workers where employers can’t source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
- Your occupation is on either the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Regional Occupation List (ROL)
- You can work in Australia for up to four years.
Labour Agreement Stream
This visa is for skilled workers nominated by employers who have a Labour Agreement. It lets you live and work in Australia temporarily. Labour agreements are developed between the Australian Government (represented by the Department) and employers.
- Your employer has to have a labour agreement with the Australian government in effect.
This visa is for family members of subclass 457 and TSS visa holders who are applying separately for their TSS visa and wish to join the primary subclass 457 or TSS visa holder in Australia.
- It is for family members of subclass 482 and 457 visa holders.
- FREE ADVICE – CONTACT US
- Get Assessed AUD $350
Note: Fill in questionnaire below for required streams. Attach your CV, Financial Statements and other information you think may be relevant. Complete declaration accepting terms and conditions and Submit | Pay Fee (We will assess the most suitable visa stream for you)